Getting values from table headers into Microflows

Hi, I’m currently stumped on a problem that should theoretically take at most 5 minutes to solve using any programming language. As with Javascript being able to access any object in the DOM, is it also possible for a microflow in Mendix to access say a table element. Either that or, is it possible to pass in a specific table header cell as a parameter into a microflow? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Andrew    EDIT:  The original post was indeed as @Kumpf suggested, too cryptic. So I’ll try explain this as best I can with my less than acceptable paint skills. So I’m already in the context of Class A and B and can use those as input parameters. But I want the microflow to take the table header (in this case X, Y, or Z) as a parameter. I’m aware that microflows only take objects, so somewhere these table header values have to be stored.. But then how can I discriminate between table header values in the microflows? And I might add without clicking any buttons, it should be done on loading of the page. 
asked
3 answers

create a button on the grid, button must call a microflow with an input parameter of the entity displayed in the grid. Make it the default button et voila you have a microflow with the selected row as an input parameter. 

answered

You can only pass on objects to microflows triggered from the client side. This means the data you want to pass on needs to be stored in an object (database or client). Set a dataview in the page, make sure there is an object when you open the page. Give this object all attributes that you wish to pass on and simply use the value of these attributes for text labels. Whenever you trigger a microflow from within this dataview, you can pass on the object as parameter.

answered

Andrew,

I think you have a couple of options

• try out the Pivot Table widget – there is a demo project here so you can see how it works
  • create a separate entity in your domain model to hold the accumulated data, create a microflow to update that data and then before you open the page, call this microflow to update the numbers (so basically a roll your own pivot table approach)

Let me know if you have questions about either approach,

Mike

answered