how to remove mxui.css consequences?

does anyone have any experience with removing mxui.css? what are the consequences?
asked
6 answers

Hi Jason,

You would remove the core styling for some default Mendix objects.

You can try by removing the link rel line from the head in a live environment and see how it would look like without the mxui.css.

Good luck,

Jeffrey

answered

If you really want to get rid of some stylings I’d just copy the original mxui.css to your theme and then remove only the styling that you don’t want.

Otherwise you risk losing some styling fixes or a lot of other generic stuff.

We’ve also thought about getting rid of the current css stack (custom on top of lib on top of mxui on top of bootstrap) as it seems to make things more complicated than necessary. But this is quite some effort on its own and you might get problems on upgrades.

regards, Fabian

answered

The only option is that the styling changes for each DOM-element that is mentioned by the selectors in the css.

Removing mxui.css has no consequences for any functions.

Like Jeffrey says, remove <!--<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/css/lib/lib.css?636880947490279180">→ from the head and see what happens.

answered

I’d really just like to remove styling for listviews so all listviews would behave like they had “listview-stylingless” and a couple of other classes that I keep running into

answered

maybe a wierd question, but wher is mxui.css, cant edit what i cant find :P 

answered

It is in your Modeler installation folder (not your project folder)

Mendix\7.23.1.46759\runtime\mxclientsystem\mxui\ui

answered