Module 4.8.2 (Web Developer)

Hello, I am new to the Mendix community and have recently started the rapid developer learning path. I found myself getting stuck with creating a new page for the Training events. This occurs in module 4 at section 4.8.2. Anytime I try to add an extra column to the layout it is not the same size as the ones made previously instead it will give me four small columns. I’m pretty I might be doing something wrong, but I’m just not sure. I have looked back at Module 3 as instructed, but I didn’t find anything about making a fifth column. Any feedback would be helpful.
asked
3 answers

With in a layout grid the total size of the layout grid let it be fixed with then add 4 column to left the toatally there will be 4 columns the total width of the all columns will be 12 so you need to set the size of indiviual columns to 3 since 12/4 =3 as there are 4 columns in total. then columns width will be automatically adjusted.With in a layout grid the total size of the layout grid let it be fixed with then add 4 column to left the toatally there will be 4 columns the total width of the all columns will be 12 so you need to set the size of indiviual columns to 3 since 12/4 =3 as there are 4 columns in total. then columns width will be automatically adjusted.

answered

Hi Uwezo,

You are viewing the desktop mode, which shows 4 columns. When you switch to mobile view, then the layout grid will scale to 2x2 collumns

The fifth column you have to add is actually the first of a new row. When a column doesn't have content it will not appear. which causes your confusion of adding a new fifth column.

More info can be found here: https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/layout-grid

answered

I am still wondering on how to produce a fifth column as requested in the lesson w/o a size difference.

answered