App cannot run locally on Windows 10

We use Modeler 7.16.0 and has an app run locally fine on the machine with Windows 7. But we get error when we try to run locally on a machine with Windows 10 OS. It gives error( as below),  Any help would be appreciated     Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector.M2EEException: The server encountered an error.    at Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector.M2EEResponse.CheckSuccess() in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector\M2EEResponse.cs:line 57    at Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector.StartupManager.PerformStartup(StartupInfo info, IM2EEClient client) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector\StartupManager.cs:line 27    at Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector.RuntimeController.Start(StartupInfo info, LogLevel autoSubscribeLogLevel) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector\RuntimeController.cs:line 133    at Mendix.Modeler.Utility.BackgroundUtil.<>c__DisplayClass1_0`1.<Do>b__0(Object s, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Utility\BackgroundUtil.cs:line 28    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)      
asked
5 answers

For this issue, did you checked the error logs? My assumption is that you have the port block because you have another instance running. 
The easy way is to kill the port number by using following commands or else just update your application port number under project settings.

netstat -anon | findstr :8080 (Your app port number)
To kill the task with specified pid: taskkill /PID [process_id] /F

answered

My guess is that you work on a file server, instead of directly on you local harddisk.

Solution is to commit your work, delete the local file (folder on your file server) and check out you model again, but this time on your C drive.

answered

The same issue I have faced in the MacOS platform I also contacted Apple technical service but did not get any valid solution. Can anyone tell me why is this happen and how it will be resolved?

answered

I had the same issue lately and this error can have several causes. In my case it was simply a lack of space on the drive where my database was stored.

answered

Solved:

I think it probably due to the incompatible of the runtime libs: We  deploy the app to Win10 by copying the local app folder witch was deployed under Win7, it not works.

I fixed it by:

– Open the app under Win7

– Backup the data of folder “~/deployment/data" of the local   (backup database, replace “~/” by the root folder of your app)   

– Clean deployment folder: in Modeler Project menu → Clean Deployment Directory

– Restore database by copying the "data" folder back to  "~/deployment/data”

– Zip the folder of the app and deploy it to Win10. 

– Open it locally and run it, no problem.

answered