How to connect from Mendix Cloud to Azure SQL Database?

Hello, I am trying to execute an INSERT statement on an Azure (cloud) SQL Database from my Mendix application using an Active Directory (AD) enabled account, but I can’t get it to work. Background: I am using the database connector module from the app store to connect to Azure SQL. When using a non-AD account, I am able to connect and execute statements on Azure SQL without a problem. But, when using an AD account on the same database, it fails to connect. I have connected to this Azure SQL Database using the AD account through SQL Server Management Studio and I’m able to execute queries just fine, but i can’t get it to work when I try to connect from my Mendix application. My first thought was to create a new Java Action add it to the Database Connector module to handle connecting AD accounts to Azure SQL. I am following this tutorial from Microsoft Docs using authentication type ActiveDirectoryPassword. In the Java Code, Along with the code found in the tutorial, I have ds.setAuthentication("ActiveDirectoryPassword"), ds.setEncrypt(true), and ds.setTrustServerCertificate(true); I am also using mssql-jdbc-7.2.1.jre8.jar as the JDBC driver and I have placed azure-activedirectory-library-for-java library and all dependencies in my projects userlib folder. I get the following error when I try to execute my statement while using an AD account: com.microsoft.aad.adal4j.AuthenticationException - org.apache.commons.lang3.StringEscapeUtils.escapeXml10(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String; ------ <INSERT STATEMENT HERE> ------ com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Failed to authenticate the user <USERNAME> in Active Directory (Authentication=ActiveDirectoryPassword). at com.mendix.basis.component.InternalCoreBase.execute(InternalCoreBase.java:418) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Failed to authenticate the user <USERNAME> in Active Directory (Authentication=ActiveDirectoryPassword). at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManagerBase.executeSync(ActionManagerBase.java:159) Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Failed to authenticate the user <USERNAME> in Active Directory (Authentication=ActiveDirectoryPassword). at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:36) Caused by: Failed to authenticate the user <USERNAME> in Active Directory (Authentication=ActiveDirectoryPassword). Note: I have replaced some text in the error log in “<>” brackets . There is also more to the error log. I can paste the entire log if needed.   Does anyone have any insight on this issue? I’m also open to alternative solutions. Thanks.
asked
0 answers