Filtering the data using date range

For Data Grid, there are default search fields provided depending on the columns in grid. In my case, there is a column which represents the date on which that record is created.  Is it possible to filter the data on yearly basis? Means, I want to show some drop down which may or may not be part of the default search bar. Once the year in drop down is selected, i want to click on some button so that data will be filtered by executing some microflow.  I tried with drop down search option but it is not allowing me to select the date as a attribute from my entity. Please refer the below image :
asked
2 answers

You can add two searchfields (greater-equal and smaller) for the sme attribute and give them the date-format ‘yyyy’ . Then if you enter 2018 and 2019 it will only show 2018. Works but might not be superuserfriendly.

answered

I’m afraid you won’t be able to call microflows through the default search bar, drop-downs are also not possible on dates. 

I suggest one of the following:

1. Use range search field, this way you can get users to input two dates and they can filter anything in between
  2. Create your own filters and search bars (this is high effort)
  3. Add a new attribute for Year to your entity and filter on that – don’t forget to populate it

Hope this helps

answered