Run Locally Error

While running Mendix app locally I get the following error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandleNatives.linkMethodHandleConstant(MethodHandleNatives.java:383) at scala.util.PropertiesTrait.$init$(Properties.scala:80) at scala.util.Properties$.<init>(Properties.scala:17) at scala.util.Properties$.<clinit>(Properties.scala) at scala.compat.Platform$.<init>(Platform.scala:110) at scala.compat.Platform$.<clinit>(Platform.scala) at scala.App.$init$(App.scala:44) at com.mendix.container.boot.Main$.<init>(Main.scala:9) at com.mendix.container.boot.Main$.<clinit>(Main.scala) at com.mendix.container.boot.Main.main(Main.scala) Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: no such method: java.lang.invoke.LambdaMetafactory.altMetafactory(Lookup,String,MethodType,Object[])CallSite/invokeStatic at java.lang.invoke.MemberName.makeAccessException(MemberName.java:758) at java.lang.invoke.MemberName$Factory.resolveOrFail(MemberName.java:875) at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup.resolveOrFail(MethodHandles.java:1037) at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup.linkMethodHandleConstant(MethodHandles.java:1341) at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandleNatives.linkMethodHandleConstant(MethodHandleNatives.java:381) ... 9 more Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.invoke.LambdaMetafactory.altMetafactory(Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodType;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/invoke/CallSite; at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandleNatives.resolve(Native Method) at java.lang.invoke.MemberName$Factory.resolve(MemberName.java:847) at java.lang.invoke.MemberName$Factory.resolveOrFail(MemberName.java:872) ... 12 more  Is this IncompatibleClassChange error due to inconsistency in java library or due to my mistake while creating folders? Any help to solve this error is appreciated.
asked
5 answers

What do you mean with “Creating folders”? Did you create folders in the modeler? This should not be a problem.

answered

Yes just app related folders…………. do you know why this problem is appearing ? 

answered

Have you added modules from the AppStore recently ?

Maybe you have an inconsistency or mismatched versions in the userlibs now. Something like that happened when I was using >7.20 and added modules that were not yet updated (from AppStore or as an import). 

answered

Hi Rojina, can you give us more details. A step-by-step procedure of what you have done.

Did you first install a modeller or have you used the modeler previously without any problems?
Did you do File->Newproject and select one of the starter Apps, which one.
Anything else that you have done?

Also with the error mentioning “incompatibleClassChangeError”, my blind guess would be that a Cast has gone wrong.

answered

Thank You all for your help. I found the problem. My jdk and jre versions were different. So, I uninstalled jdk and reinstalled it again which provided solution. 

answered