Code Merge - SVN Errors

Getting the below SVN error during Code Merge after upgrading the Mendix 6.9 to Mendix 7.21. Using Tortoise SVN 1.17.15 version and also, tried reinstalling the same version and latest SVN version but no luck. Error Type 1: SharpSvn.SvnDiffException: Unexpected end of svndiff input    at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client, SvnException error, Object targets)    at SharpSvn.SvnClient.Merge[TRevisionRange](String targetPath, SvnTarget source, ICollection`1 mergeRange, SvnMergeArgs args)    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnConnector.<>c__DisplayClass63_0.<Merge>b__0(ISvnClient c) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\VersionControl\SvnConnector.cs:line 794    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnConnector.PathClientDo(String workingCopyPath, Action`1 action) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\VersionControl\SvnConnector.cs:line 825    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.RevMerger.SvnMerge(RevMergeState state, IProgressInfo info) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core.View\VersionControl\RevMerger.cs:line 324 Error Type 2: SharpSvn.SvnSystemException: Error retrieving REPORT (730054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.      at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client, SvnException error, Object targets)    at SharpSvn.SvnClient.Merge[TRevisionRange](String targetPath, SvnTarget source, ICollection`1 mergeRange, SvnMergeArgs args)    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnConnector.<>c__DisplayClass63_0.<Merge>b__0(ISvnClient c) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\VersionControl\SvnConnector.cs:line 794    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnConnector.PathClientDo(String workingCopyPath, Action`1 action) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\VersionControl\SvnConnector.cs:line 825    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.RevMerger.SvnMerge(RevMergeState state, IProgressInfo info) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core.View\VersionControl\RevMerger.cs:line 324  
asked
6 answers

Hi,

I am facing the same error while commiting the code. Cleaning the deployment history didn’t help. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks.

answered

Is the code that you are merging in a different mendix version?  

Try upgrading the orginal code by opening it in version 7.21 and then merging your branch 

Edit: not sure if this is the solution but whenever I have problems with svn I do a clean up or release lock and it usually fixes it.

Edit 2: Just saw this was posted. You can give this a try

https://forum.mendix.com/link/questions/92813

answered

For me, it turned out to be a timeout for the “An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.  “ error 

Dong an SVN merge with ToriseSVN showed the download speed which was really slow after restarting my network speed was better and merge was successful in the Sudio Pro

answered

https://forum.mendix.com/link/questions/93330

answered

I had this issue. Looks like it was a connection issue. My connections speed was about 20 Mbps and maybe not stable enough. I switched to a hotspot which worked at a speed of 50Mbps. I managed to do the merge. 

answered

I’m not sure what the root cause is but I’ve run into the first error frequently and the only consistent way to get around it is to delete the project and download it again before merging.

answered