Documentation using Database Connector

I’m trying to create a proof of concept app to retrieve data from a legacy AS400-type system.  I installed the DatabaseConnector in my project and am trying to use it to make the connection.  I have placed the jt400.jar file for the AS400 jdbc driver in the usrlib directory for the project. When I try to run the ExecuteQuery action, it throws the following java error: com.mendix.core.CoreException: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to get driver instance for jdbcUrl=jdbc:as400://<my server’s ip address> I guess I don’t understand how to get the connector to use the jt400 driver.  Other java programs I have work fine with that as entered.    
asked
2 answers

I used to get the same error as yours but was able to resolve it by checking two things:

1. JDBC URL in this format: jdbc:as400://<my server’s ip address>;libraries=LIBNAME
  2. Use the right JDBC driver: there are different jt400.jar file from the JTOpen package. The one under the java8 folder works for me. You may try the different ones and see which one works for your client.
answered

See this forum post for a possible solution:

https://forum.mendix.com/link/questions/86348

answered