java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.codec.binary.Hex.encodeHexString([B)Ljava/lang/String;

Hi, I downloaded pusher v1.01 https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/107957/ to try it but I get a java error when I try to listen or use the notify action. java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.codec.binary.Hex.encodeHexString([B)Ljava/lang/String; at com.pusher.rest.SignatureUtil.sign(SignatureUtil.java:85) at com.pusher.rest.Pusher.authenticate(Pusher.java:519) at pusher.actions.Authenticate.executeAction(Authenticate.java:68) at pusher.actions.Authenticate.executeAction(Authenticate.java:21) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:79) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:55) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManagerBase$1.execute(ActionManagerBase.java:150) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:32) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManagerBase.executeSync(ActionManagerBase.java:155) In my userlib i have the commons-codec-1.10 which should have a “encodeHexString” method https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-codec/apidocs/overview-summary.html. Why does it not find something that looks like it is there?   Edit: I filed a ticket and removing org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-codec-1.3.0.jar solved the problem
asked
2 answers

Since this app has platform support you also could file a ticket with a test project.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Hello Johan,

Sometimes you’ll either have another version superseeding your library or the project may not have loaded it for some reason. The best way to check is to install eclipse and import the Mendix project in it, then you can use it to check the libraries getting built .

Hope this helps.

answered