User account creation for an app in sandbox.

Hi Everyone, I am new to Mendix and trying to make an app for demonstration purpose. I can make a login page either with security activation or with anonymous user. This is where I get stuck, I want to have an other button “Sign up” or “Create an account”, where any new user  can make an account using first name, last name, and email account etc, and their account information should be stored in the database of the app. After that they should become a user of that app.  So far I have tried to use forgot password module which is a bit complex, is there a simpler way to do this? Thank you in advance. Best wishes. 
asked
1 answers

Hi Tahir,

You can create a non-persistent entity that has attributes for first name, last name, email, and password, and then create a form to capture this information. On the form you can have a submit or save button that will pass this entity as a parameter and then you can use the create activity to create an account object and set the necessary information (Name and password are only required to create a new account).Then you can commit that new object and show a login page.  

Another way would be to use the forgot password module. There is a microflow called “Step1_ShowSignupPage”, you could use this as a navigation item on your anonymous home page. It looks like this microflow will prompt you a user for the first name, last name, and email, and then I think it will send a link to the user to set their password. This requires these modules to also be setup

• Email module, with Templates
  • Deeplink module
  • Encryption
  • Model reflection

Hope this helps!

answered