Sync lock in micoflow

I have a page that calls a microflow twice when it loads. This microflow will determine if an object exists. If it does not exist, create an object. How do I ensure that the object is only created once?
asked
5 answers

Do a retrieve of that object first and only create one when no object can be found.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

I am assuming that you are retrieving the object based on a key attribute e.g. Name=’SpecialName’.
Then you need to make this attribute unique. This will ensure on the database level that no two objects with the same name exist.

answered

What is the definition of existing? As you are using a NP entity is must be a reference to ….?

That association must be checked.

On a side note; Why is the microflow called twice at the same open page action?

answered

I don’t think you can sync the two objects between two instances of the same microflow.

I think the answer is you’ll need to make sure you only run it once. You can either remove it from the page, or use a different layout without the microflow. 

Going on a limb I’ll assume you must be using some sort of cache-simulating object to show a personalised page to the user which remembers user state during the session. If this is the case then I would suggest instead that you create this object and associate it to the user object when they login (i,e, part of the homepage Mf) and then use a retrieve via association both on your page and layout – hopefully this should ensure that the minimum amount of checks is performed and your object always exists for the current session.

Hope this helps

answered

ok, thank everyone, i think  i should change my  implementation

answered