Downloading Excel export fails without errors

I'm starting to feel a bit stupid, I must be missing something very obvious. I've created an Excel export using the XLS Report module, within a microflow without entity access. The steps are rather simple and they did work before, but suddenly the client reported that the file wasn't downloaded anymore. That's exactly what happens: the microflow is triggered, all variables are correct and filled. Using the debugger, the microflow follows all the steps including the 'download file’ and nothing happens. No error, no log message, no download. This is what that part of the microflow looks like, nothing special either: Any idea what I'm missing here? I've looked at entity access rights (even though there's no entity access in the microflow), filename, contents, created a new template. Nothing works.
asked
3 answers

You probably miss read access to the attributes of your file entity subtype.

answered

Could something be happening client-side:

• Have you checked the browser console? 
  • Are pop-ups allowed on your browser
  • Does your user have the correct read-write access?

Might be worth trying a different browser and/or user with full access.

answered

The read access shouldn't be an issue when the microflow has no entity access enabled. But I tried enabling all access rights for the CustomExcel entity, but to no effect. Thanks for the input though.

answered