DebuggerException: Could not read session token

Hi, I’ve recently pushed an app to production, and have found a few XPaths relating to one Entity aren’t working. They work perfectly with the same build, and data, in local and in other environments. I tried connecting my remote debugger to the microflows that call the various XPaths but consistently either get kicked out with no error, or get this error when trying to view things in the variables tab: “A protocol error occurred while communicating with the debugger. Error message: could not read session token. Invalid session token.” And the Details:   Mendix.Modeler.Microflows.Debugger.DebuggerException: Could not read session token: Invalid session token.    at Mendix.Modeler.Microflows.Debugger.DebuggerResponse..ctor(String requestActionName, String responseText) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Microflows\Debugger\DebuggerResponse.cs:line 29    at Mendix.Modeler.Microflows.Debugger.DebuggerClient.PerformRequest(DebuggerRequest request, Int32 timeout) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Microflows\Debugger\DebuggerClient.cs:line 165    at Mendix.Modeler.Microflows.Debugger.DebuggerClient.ExecuteControlCommand(String commandName, Guid debugId) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Microflows\Debugger\DebuggerClient.cs:line 104    at Mendix.Modeler.Microflows.Debugger.DebuggerClient.IssueCommand(DebuggerCommand command, Guid debugId) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Microflows\Debugger\DebuggerClient.cs:line 80    at Mendix.Modeler.Microflows.Debugger.DebuggerController.<>c__DisplayClass29_0.<IssueCommand>b__0(IDebuggerClient c) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Microflows\Debugger\DebuggerController.cs:line 52    at Mendix.Modeler.Microflows.Debugger.DebuggerController.ClientDo(Action`1 action) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Microflows\Debugger\DebuggerController.cs:line 60    at Mendix.Modeler.Microflows.Debugger.DebuggerController.IssueCommand(DebuggerCommand command, Guid debugId) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Microflows\Debugger\DebuggerController.cs:line 53    at Mendix.Modeler.Microflows.Debugger.DebuggerControl.<>c__DisplayClass31_0.<ExecuteCommand>b__0() in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core.View\Microflows\Debugger\DebuggerControl.cs:line 253    at Mendix.Modeler.Utility.BackgroundUtil.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Do>b__0() in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Utility\BackgroundUtil.cs:line 16    at Mendix.Modeler.Utility.BackgroundUtil.<>c__DisplayClass1_0`1.<Do>b__0(Object s, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Utility\BackgroundUtil.cs:line 28    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)   I feel like whatever’s causing this is causing my XPaths to fail but I have no idea where to start looking. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
asked
2 answers

Hi Luke,

I assume your app is running on cloud v4. Problem is, you can't use the debugger on an environment that is horizontally scaled, as described on https://docs.mendix.com/developerportal/deploy/mxcloudv4#11-known-issues-in-mendix-cloud-v4

To use the debugger, you need to scale down to one instance.

answered

The debugger is probably due to a setting of the production system. Raise a support ticket at Mendix for that. Once that is fixed, you can debug the xpath.

answered