Connector: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: path System.owner does not refer to a valid association

After updating the Desktop Modeler to 7.22.2, I get the following error in my application: 11:21:07APPERRORConnector: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: path 'System.owner' does not refer to a valid association 11:21:07APPINFOat com.mendix.basis.component.InternalCoreBase.retrieveByPath(InternalCoreBase.java:955) 11:21:07APPINFOat scala.collection.TraversableLike.$anonfun$flatMap$1(TraversableLike.scala:240) 11:21:07APPINFOat scala.collection.TraversableLike.flatMap$(TraversableLike.scala:237) 11:21:07APPINFOat com.mendix.webui.schemas.FullObjectSchema.apply(FullObjectSchema.scala:36) 11:21:07APPINFOat com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.helpers.StateHandling.withState(StateHandling.scala:33) 11:21:07APPINFOat scala.runtime.java8.JFunction0$mcV$sp.apply(JFunction0$mcV$sp.java:12) 11:21:07APPINFOat com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.helpers.ProfileHandling.profileRequest$(ProfileHandling.scala:10) 11:21:07APPINFOat scala.collection.Iterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:937) 11:21:07APPINFOat scala.collection.AbstractIterable.foreach(Iterable.scala:54) 11:21:07APPINFOat scala.collection.TraversableLike.flatMap(TraversableLike.scala:240) 11:21:07APPINFOat scala.collection.TraversableLike.$anonfun$flatMap$1(TraversableLike.scala:240) 11:21:07APPINFOat scala.util.Either.map(Either.scala:349) 11:21:07APPINFOat com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.helpers.ContextHandling.inContext$(ContextHandling.scala:27) 11:21:07APPINFOat com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler.processRequest(ClientRequestHandler.scala:101) 11:21:07APPINFOat com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:32) 11:21:07APPINFOat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:867) 11:21:07APPINFOat org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:255) 11:21:07APPINFOat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:480)   How can I solve this? Thanks in advance!
asked
4 answers

Check the object that you are trying to open on the detailpage, and the page that the microflow ends up calling.

From your description I assume that the microflow does run to completion and opens a page at its end, upon which you get this error. What object does not have a valid association to System.owner. One created by an anonymous user? Or just any enitiy not having system.owner checked in the Entity-properties. And appearently the detail-page retrieves some attirbutes via system.owner that is not there. (Just taking some swings here)

Likely this worked fine on your older Mendix-version where the retrieval-error was ignored whereas in 7.22.2 this particular error is handled more strictly.

answered

I got this error too. Simply having the owner stored in the object causes this error to appear. I think it's an bug in the new Mendix version.

answered

Really strange behaviour. I tried a lot of options, but finally I end up without the error:

In my case the following steps were needed:

Delete the dbgrid with the system member (in my case it was the changedBy)

Create 'the same’ dbgrid again, first without the system members and rerun the app (check whether the page can be opened without errors; it should)

Add the system members in the new dbgrid, but be sure the dbgrid is marked as changed by svn (so I used slightly different column widths)

Whether this 'solution’ works only in my case, I don't know…..

Seems indeed a Mendix bug.

answered

I had the same issue. 

In my case the problem was caused by trying to access an attribute of the System.owner details from another entity in a datagrid. This entity could have been created by an anonymous user, and that was the problem. To solve it, I had to remove the attribute from the datagrid.

answered