How to access local storage variable from microflow?

Greetings, good people.   At one time, I wrote something in local storage, using JavaScript in HTML snippet. Now, i want to access that variable, just to check status of variable in one exclusive split in microflow. Can anyone give me advice how I can do that?   Thank you very much in advance.
asked
4 answers

I went through solution which Lukas told me about (instead of retrieving variable from local storage), and, of course, it was successful.  Solution was very easy: I just created new non persistable entity and everything was solved. :) 

Lukas, thank you very much for instructions.

Best regards.

answered

Your request seems a bit un-mendix to me. Can't you create a non persistent entity that is associated to the session entity instead of writing and reading the local storage? The HTML snippet does provide an optional on-click microflow event that might help you out here.

If you insist on the local storage you could have a look at the CommunityCommons Module from the app store. It comes with a javascript to HTMLToPlainText. I did not test it but maybe it is possible to use and get the variable from there? Not sure whether or not variables are included in the actions result. I am pretty sure that this is not the best of ideas to do

answered

Nanoflows are run locally on client, so this might be an alternative, however still, you need to read the local storage through a widget. 

answered

Hi Branislaw, 

There is a widget that you can use for reading and writing to local storage: https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/52055/

Perhaps this helps.

Cheers,

Jeffrey

answered