Group box title including conditional visibility fo a part of the data.

Is it possible for the title of a group box to only get shown based on conditional visibility. The groupbox's title is "Order A123 with total cost of 987 EUR" for some roles and "Order A123" for roles who are not allowed to see the order's value.
asked
3 answers

Could you use two group boxes with different title who are only visible for specific user roles?

answered

Andrej's idea is the winner. I have created two groupboxes having the same snippet as content and having a title that matches what the user's role allows him to see.

I also tried hiding the order's value by setting the attribute's access rule to not allow read-access to the user's role and adding that attribute to the group box's header but that results in an error.

answered

Tim,

Have you checked out the Group Box Helper Widget - it enables you to change the contents of the Groupbox Header dynamically.  I think it would be pretty straightforward to accomplish this with that widget.

Alternatively, if you're group box is enclosed in a dataview, you could perhaps create attributes for each of the user roles with read permissions on each of the attributes for specific user roles.  Not sure if that would work, but it may be worth a try.

Mike

**Edit**

While I am a big fan of minimizing the use of add on widgets (for a lot of reasons), when I have a requirement for extensive formatting of information in a group box header, the native group box options are not sufficient.  An example below:

answered