Automate export/Import Modules

Hello, We are using Mendix but not Mendix Cloud (everything is located on premisses). We would like to create reusable modules and to able to automate the export/import operations. Is this possible ? If so, is there any tool available to export/import modules ? What are the best practice for the creation of the modules (create a dedicated project per module?)  Thank you    
asked
5 answers

I do assume that you do have certain generic modules, you want to use in many/all your company related apps.

In that case I would suggest the following:

1. When dealing with situation where all projects should start with all modules. i.e. Authentication, styling, generic data imports etc: Create a master project where you create, configure, maintain all modules; Create a PROJECT package and publish it in your COMPANY app store and set this package as starter package, so that you directly can use it when starting a new project.
  2. When dealing with situation where you need some module on certain occasions; Create a master project where you create, configure, maintain all modules; Create a MODULE package per module and publish it in your COMPANY app store These modules can be downloaded through the appstore by company members in their own project.
  3. Situations can be both 1-2
  4. Also; !!Don't have in depth knowledge about this, so please community correct me or add to this!! When modules/packages are publisched in the appstore; using the model SDK they can be consumed for project creation/model changes.
answered

Hello Alexandre,

in which case you would like to import / export modules? In general, you import / export modules in your development process, because at least, you need to rebuild your code and in the most cases you need to implement code.

answered

You can right click on a module in your modeler and select "Export module package". It will be exported to a file.
You can right click in the project explorer of your modeler and select "import module package". It will import a module file.

I hope that helps

answered

Thank you Andreas but it is not what I want. I want to automate these actions using scripts for instance. 

Cheers

answered

Thank you apparently there is no script to export/import modules.

answered