Thanks Mendix, for all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes to brink us new releases so frequently.

Hi All   I would just like to thanks Mendix, for all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes to brink us new releases so frequently.  I would like to ask if it would be possible to bring out a release with no new features and just fixes to the know issues. I would love to upgrade and get the postgress connection issue fix but cant with the two issues that are there. They may be small issues but our system is large and to apply the work arounds will take days. Thanks again, Patrick        
asked
3 answers

It is a valid point Patrick makes, stating that currently several known issues get solved in minor releases instead of in bugfix releases. For instance a bug in 7.18.0 that gets solved in 7.19.0 while instead it should get solved in 7.18.1 like these known issues in the release notes of 7.18:

•   Unpacking and opening project packages (.mpk files) does not work when double-clicking in Windows Explorer. (Ticket 68263)

•   Fixed in 7.19.0.

•   There is a known issue with PostgreSQL support where transactions fail on the error “out of shared memory.” (Ticket 68224)

•   Fixed in 7.19.0.

Btw. I also agree with his compliments on Mendix's bugsolving efforts.

answered

Thank you Mendix!

Mendix often release x.n (like 7.20.1) versions to only do bugfixing.

answered

No new features?! BLASPHEMY!

answered