An Error Occurred, please contact your system administrator in Email Configuration

Hello Mendix Community, I have been trying to setup gmail in my mendix application for many days without success. I completed below steps: a. Download and Install Email Template b. Download and Install Encryption c. Download and Install Mx Model Reflection d. Set the Encryption Key e. Created a page in my application and add EmailTemplate.administration g. Provide administrative rights to all components in EmailTemplate h. Run the application locally i. Setup the email configuration (servername, SSL port, gmail email id, password etc) j. Test the connection by clicking on the test button l. The email is delivered m. When I save the configuration, the system says: "An Error Occurred, please contact your system administrator". Could anyone please suggest what step am I missing or do I need to do something else also. Thanks a lot in advance.   Best Regards, Puneet
asked
4 answers

Is there any error message in the mendix console about this error? Have you checked the java console in your browser for details about this error?

answered

Did you try debugging the last step "m. When I save the configuration, the system says: "An Error Occurred, please contact your system administrator"." ?

If this is the standard save button and you're not able to debug, there should be a log entry stating the error message.

answered

Hi Puneet, 

There is a Microflow behind the Save Configuration button. If you add a breakpoint to the first activity, you can use the Step Over button (in your debugger screen) to go step by step through your Microflow. Eventually you'll know which activity causes the error (and it is shown in the LatestError variable. 

Could you please post that in this thread, from there on we can assist you in solving your problem. 

answered

i have the same error when saving my email configuration

answered