Need help locating Prefill Page contents based on the entity as indicated in Rapid Developer Module 4.5.2

Hi, I am currently following the Rapid Developer Learning Track and I am on Module 4.  I am trying to create a "detail" for when the Add button is activated by the user.  In 4.5.2 he instructions state to select the option "Prefill page contests based on the Course entity".  I can't locate this option.  Therefore, when I created the form, generic attributes were generated on the detail form.  I don't know how tie these attributes to the course data source.  Question 1: Is there a Prefill page option that I missed?  How can I tie the generic attribute to the correct data source?
asked
3 answers

Hi Cheryl and welcome to the Mendix community!

Are you using the properties pane of the "add" button to create your new page? As long as your add button is within the "course" data view, it should automatically prefill the page with your course attributes. If you can't find it, please let us know and we'll point you towards it!

answered

answered

I ran into the same problem and found out what the issue was. You must make sure that Create Object button is on:

If not, then "Prefill page contests based on the Course entity" checkbox will not appear. I am not sure what the purpose of having the “Create Object” on/off is. I mean, under what condition will you have this switch off? When you are creating a form, then an object creation must ensue as a result of using that form. Otherwise, where would the results of completing a form be stored?

answered