Is Java Script a required skill for Mendix developers?

Hi, I've started my mendix self-learning journey and about to finish the "Become a rapid developer" learning path, and I plan to continue with the advanced learning paths afterwards. I strongly believe that hands-on experience is a key to become a real Mendix developer! But, before starting any training, I want to be fully equipped with all necessary tools.  My question is about Java Script, is it a required skill when it comes to developing with Mendix? Should I better learn it well? Bearing in mind that I have no previous programming knowledge. Thanks in advance! Hanaa
asked
3 answers

Hi Hanaa,

Javascript is helpful if you are doing custom solutions in Mendix, but if you are using it out of the box then this skill is not required. The same goes for programming in java. 

answered

It's definitely not a requirement to know JavaScript to be a good Mendix developer.  You can do ALOT with just the modeler functions/expressions which are super easy to learn/understand.

answered

Thank you so much for answering my question quickly, I really appreciate it :)

So, you think I should stick to the Mendix learning paths, finish them, then try to work on real life projects (through training or internship, for instance). And only when the need arises, I should consider learning Java Script, right?

I'm quite curious about that because I'm not working at the moment, and I have all the time to learn. I simply want to know what it takes to excel in Mendix.

Thank again 

answered