To implement your own resolve user logic either adapt the microflow ResolveUserByEmail or create your own microflow and link this in the OAuth config...need more info here!!

To implement your own resolve user logic either adapt the microflow ResolveUserByEmail or create your own microflow and link this in the OAuth config. I would like to know more on this statement. I am currently unable to use the existing mxmodelreflection as i am seeing some errors. However, i feel i dont need to use this module as i have a very simple use-case of getting the user authenticated / authorized via custom IDP provider...and then start working with that logged in user. I have been able to authenticate / authorize the user using our custom build IDP provider (Openid connect based) and i need to know how i can get onto the landing page post placing this accesstoken/idtoken details of the logged in user into a mendix variable (probably mendix user entity ) and then come onto a landing page. Need help here with the custom microflow to do this which can be linked later to Oauth config entity.  
asked
1 answers

Hello Darshan,

I would recommend that you spend the time solving the errors in MxModelReflection as it's used by a lot of modules so it might come in handy later. 

Not sure if the OAuth module will work without it, but of course you can try and make your own implementation of OAuth or change the module, there's no need to use the module, it's just an easy to get started package that might come with updates later so it saves you a lot of time.

As for the adapt or create statement, you'll need to set up your config so a microflow is called on resolution of the OAuth call. So once the user is authenticated against the IdP and you get the response back, the OAuth java code will call the microflow in your config with a User parameter, at which point you can log them in - this is if I remember the above correctly.

Hope this helps.

answered