Data grid - Unexpected behaviour?

Hi all, I have a data grid with a few editable columns. I have a Before Commit on the data grid entity because things need to happen when a value is changed.  I would expect the BCO event to be triggered when I change a value of an editable cell instantly, but the event only gets triggered when I leave the current row. So the object is not committed after each change of an editable cell.  This used to be different. The BCO event would be triggered after every change. Does anyone know if the current behaviour is intentionally, or is this a bug? Thanks!
asked
5 answers

I don't know if this is an intantional change but, the last change that you could see in the release notes(Mx 7.11) about this was:

• When tabbing out of an editable data grid, the changed rows were not updated

https://docs.mendix.com/releasenotes/desktop-modeler/7.11

If you are certain the behaviour was different in pervious versions maybe file a support ticket?

answered

Hi Tim,

I am not sure, how this was handled in the past, bur according to the Release Notes of Version 7.11 they fixed some issue regarding the editable Data-Grids: 

• When tabbing out of an editable data grid, the changed rows were not updated.

It could be, that this fix removed the 'feature' to update on every change.

answered

Hi there,

I am running into the same issue and asked it to Mendix Support.
So far, Mendix Support team was able to reproduce it and forwarded this issue to R&D team.
But it seems that not easy to fix soon.

I am using the Mendix Modeler 7.23.2.
But, as far as my test, 6.10.18 and 5.21.10 have same issue.

I can not believe that this kind of problem has been left for such a long time.

answered

I am facing the same issue.

I have a data grid and an editable column with an Attribute which has an Event Handler (Before and After Commit).

When I change the editable column/attribute in the cell and than click outside of the data grid, everything works well (the before and after commit microflows are running).

But when I change the editable column/attribute in the cell and click on tab or enter than I am getting to the next row, however the before and after commit microflows are not running in this case.

I am using the Mendix Modeler 7.22

answered

I change the editable column/attribute in the cell and click on tab or enter than I am getting to the next row, however the before and after commit microflows are not running in this case.

answered