To pass the details from one page to another page

I created a page where i can register for events. When i register, it should automatically display in the My-schedule page. I created a entity myschedule, events, registration and registered events and created a association between them. I created a microflow to retrieve objects of registered events and try todisplay in the myschedule page. But it says error that the page myschedule need object of its type. Please advise
asked
2 answers

First of all, a representation of the domain model would really help us visualize the issue; therefore provide better suggestions.

If I'm getting this correctly then you should have a dataview (Entity: myschedule) for a "myschedule" object, and inside that dataview you should create a datagrid/listview (Entity: Event) that has your created microflow as a data source.

Assuming you have some sort of a 1-* relationship between myschedule and events (myschedule 1-* event) and assuming you don't want to retrieve and filter the events using XPATH for some reason. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

answered

Agreed with Abdullah: more info is needed to properly help with the best solution for your application.

However your isolated issue regarding the dataview is quite simple. You have a dataview with entity myschedule set to datasource 'context'. Which means the page must have an object of myschedule available.

Simply create a microflow that retrieves or creates this object and have a 'Show page' activity that passes on this object to the page. This microflow can be called from navigation or from a microflow button on another page (or any other way to trigger a microflow really).

For an example of this, check out 'ManageMyAccount' in the default Administration module (but disregard the cast object activities here, as they are irrelevant for your case).

answered