Are out-of-band popups possible?

I am working on a pet project that would require a client application to execute a web/app service call to the server which would then open a popup dialog on the central console application. I tried using Show Message and Show Page when running locally, but nothing is displayed. Is there a way to do it? Is there another way where we can update visible objects on the server page out-of -band? I was thinking about having a special entity that would trigger a nanoflow On Change, but I still don't know how to affect the running server application UI. Thank you in advance for all replies! (modeler used is 7.18.0)
asked
2 answers

I don't understand your requirement completely, but what you could try is to send the request to the server.

The request creates an object.

On the central console use a microflow timer widget that checks if an object is created that requires opening a page, then open the page as a popup and mark the object as used or delete the object.

Kind of a work around and be aware of possible performance implications because of the timer widget, but you could give this a try

answered

Thank you for your answer, I'll give it a shot. It is along the lines I was thinking about, just didn't know about the timer widget (already found and downloaded). Otherwise it seems to be exactly what I need.

I'm curious about the performance issues you mention. Are you talking about timer widget itself causing issues or do you mean that because the timer will have to be executed every X seconds, so there will be a delay in showing the popup?

answered