How to make Deeplink respond faster

Hi! I'm using the Deep Link module to navigate users directly to the right page and it works perfectly, functionally. However, it bothers me that it is kind of slow. When adding a debug log on the processing microflow, it just takes 10~70 ms (due to my own logic). However, it takes around ~500ms before my microflow even starts... Are there some optimalisation options to make the deeplink respond faster and increase its performance? Aug 31 14:52:49.486 - DEBUG - DeepLink: No session found for deeplink: /link/dl, attempting to serve link as guest. Aug 31 14:52:50.331 - DEBUG - DeepLink: Processing DeepLink took 66 ms. __ Extra information: I found out that there are hundreds of PendingLinks, as UseAsHome is set to true. It shouldn't be that much, right? But yeah: retrieving from database takes some time. I think the main problem is redirecting the browser, as that takes some time to rediscover the server. This is actually unnecessary for anonymous users. Question 1: Would handling the PendingLink client side using cookies instead of database speed up significantly? Question 2: Could the redirect be skipped when the deeplink is available for anonymous users? Maybe using Core.initializeGuestSession() ?
asked
3 answers

Hi Johan,

In there login is a search on the PendingLink entity right? You could try to put an index in the PendingLink.User attribute.

answered

Hi Johan,

Not sure if this is still an issue for you, but randomly had a thought. Do you have the Deep link clean up sheduled event enabled in your environment? From the clean up scheduled event documentation "This event cleans up pending deeplinks that are older than the start of the previous day, that were never executed. This prevent stale links from piling up in your database".

answered

Hi Johan,

The only thing i can think of is that you are creating an infinite loop by setting the homepage to the deeplink.

Have you tried turning off the homepage setting? Cause i have had issues in the past and created an infinite loop with homepage setting.

I would highly recommend not to use this setting and instead use the set url widget to change the users url in the browser to the deeplink you want.

Regards

Simon

answered