Oops - Something went wrong. Errors in Mx 6.10.10 and 7.17.2 when renaming a button or tabname among others

Steps: 1. Create a new page 2. Create a new button on that page - same with placing a tabcontainer and trying to rename one of the tabs. 3. Select that button and start typing (want to rename the button) .  - Error 'Oops something whent wrong in the Modeler'. System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value '-1' is not a valid value for Interval. Interval must be greater than 0. Parameter name: Interval at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.set_Interval(Int32 value) at Mendix.Modeler.Utility.AlphaBlendTextBox.OnGotFocus(EventArgs e) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build@2\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Utility.Gui\AlphaBlendTextBox\AlphaBlendTextBox.cs:line 134 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmSetFocus(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m) at Mendix.Modeler.Utility.AlphaBlendTextBox.WndProc(Message& m) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build@2\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Utility.Gui\AlphaBlendTextBox\AlphaBlendTextBox.cs:line 180 at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) * problem also occurs in multiple application on multiple virtual machines. * I think some security patch of windows might causes this issue.
asked
3 answers

I tried reproducing it in both 6.10.10 and 7.17.2 but could not. Are you saying you experience the issue in different applications than the Modeler as well?

It might indeed have to do with a recent update on your machine. My machine had the latest update on August 27 (KB4100347: Intel microcode updates).

If I look at where it goes wrong in the Modeler source code, it is calling GetCaretBlinkTime deep inside WIndows (user32.dll) to get the speed of the blinking cursor and then it tries to initialize a timer with that interval. Apparently, on you machine the answer of GetCaretBlinkTime is -1 which is not a valid interval.

Did you install a utility that does something to your cursor?

answered

Fixed - by changing the keyboard properties. Thanks Arjan - it made looking for the issue much easier!

Place the Cursur blinking rate one higher then none.

answered

The issue with the Desktop Modeler not being able to handle cursor blink rate 'None' will be fixed in Mendix 7.19.0.

answered