Issue when trying to add an Exclusive Split to a microflow

Hi All, I am following the Learning Path "Start with a Blank App" and I run into an issue when trying to add an Exclusive Split to the Promote_Employee microflow. When trying to create an Exclusive Split in the Modeler I don't see the variable "Employee (MyFirstModule.Employee)" in the Expression value pop-up. I only see the System variables. But I do see the MyFirstModule variable in the Project Explorer. Does anyone know what could be the reason for this? Thanks in advane.  
asked
4 answers

Do you have an Employee parameter that is passed to your microflow or do you create an employee object?

If there is no viable Employee object present in the microflow it won't show up in your exclusive split as an option to be used.

EDIT: 
Is this symbol present in your microflow?

answered

Hello Thomas,

Could you provide a screenshot of your page and your microflow please?

Thanks in advance.

answered

Now the parameter is not the same as in the lecture but it does work. 

Does anybody now the difference? Because I would still like to know the difference.

answered

I took a quick look at the lecture and it seems to me they post the button inside a data grid or view of some kind in which the employee is shown and they want to quickly promote the employee using the button. When you add a button inside a view or grid and select the employee you can pass that object to your microflow.
So the parameter would become Employee of entity Employee and not as a value of an enumeration.

Try creating a grid in your modeler of employee objects. Then add a button to your datagrid --> Action --> call a microflow --> create a new one --> show. You will see the new microflow automatically added a parameter of the entity in your datagrid. You can use this method to easily add the desired parameter to new microflows if you find it hard to add them yourself.

answered