Database connector: java.lang.RuntimePermission loadLibrary.ocijdbc11

I am trying to use Modeler version 7.8 and the database connector to query an oracle database. I am receiving the following error: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool$PoolInitializationException: Failed to initialize pool: access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "loadLibrary.ocijdbc11") 1. I am using the ExecuteQuery Java action of the database connector 2. I have Oracle 11 and 12 client installed 3. I have attempted to add ojdbc5.jar and ojdbc6.jar to the userlib folder of the project 4. I have also removed any older versions of the HikariCP jar files from the userlib folder  
asked
2 answers

What does your jdbc url look like to specify how to connect to the database?

It looks like you are trying to use the thick jdbc driver (using native libraries), instead of the thin jdbc driver. The error indicates it's not allowed to load the native libary.

Where are you deploying? Mendix cloud or somewhere else?

answered

Currently our connection string is as follows: 'jdbc:oracle:oci8:username/password@server:port:database'

As of now we are just working on this locally. 

answered