Is it possible to disable the standard validation of the datepicker widget?

My application requires the user to provide some personal information including a date of birth. I used the standard date picker widget for entering the date of birth. The standard format of this date picker is 'dd-MM-yyyy' and when the user (unknowingly) enters a date in the format 'dd/MM/yyyy' a validation error appears. This error is standard behaviour of Mendix but it blocks any other on change microflows that are on the page.   Now I could replace all the date input fields with text input fields and use a mask but I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the standard validation on date picker fields.
asked
3 answers

The Problem is that the datepicker needs to know which format to expect. This String needs to be converted to a date value. If you don't specify a fix format, the datepicker could for example not differentiate between dd.MM.yyyy and MM.dd.yyyy when entering a date like 02.03.2018

answered

AFAIK the validation for the default datepicker widget can't be overridden, so you might need to implement this function with text fields and regex.

answered

You could also look into the date picker widget. 

https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/95230/TimeSeries/DatePicker

answered