is it possible to generate a PDF combining portrait and landscape pages with one overall pagenumbering

We need to generate a document combining portrait and landscape pages. The first option is to generate to seperate documents and then merge them with community commons java action CommunityCommons.MergeMultiplePdfs. In this situation the original pagenumbering is kept; not surprisingly, So I wonder if there is any functionality to generate one document with portrait and landscape pages in it, with one overall pagenumbering
asked
1 answers

Rolf,

There is not a way to do this in a single document that I am aware of.  However, your approach of using multiple PDFs and merging them is one that I have used successfully in the past.  As far as page numbering, I also needed to have valid page numbering (2 of 12, 3 of 12, etc.), so I built page numbers myself - not sure if that is an option for you.  In my case, I was able to determine the total number of pages the document would be and then added a page number entity with 2 attributes (page number and total pages) that I used on each individual document.

Maybe that would work in your case too.

Mike

answered