Data grid column formatting based on date passed

Hi all,  I currently have a data grid that contains a date of review. I would like an entry to go red when this date has passed. I've looked into it in other forum posts and most suggest not using a Data Grid.  The issue though, is that we have Comparison and Drop Down search fields, which if I am not mistaken only work with Data Grids? Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could achieve both; 1. Conditional formatting based on a date 2. Keep the same (or similar) search functions.  Many thanks for you help  
asked
2 answers

Check out the Grid Cell Styler widget in the app store. It is designed to style columns or rows based on exactly on date conditions like this. In fact it's why I created the widget in the first place.

answered

It might not be the most elegant idea but you could make an enumeration and show its image as a colour indicator

Let's say: 'Date passed' with a Red square as image & 'Date in future' with a green square, then if the date has passed: change the enumeration value from 'Future' to 'passed' and thus show the red square instead of the green square in your datagrid for example

answered