AppService call over HTTPS fails saying PKIX path building failed 

I have an appservice built in a Mendix App which deployed to an onpremise server which is configured to run over SSL(IIS local) When i now make a call to this appservice from the same app(as a trial run before consuming it in another mendix app) i get the error  com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.sun.xml.ws.client.ClientTransportException: HTTP transport error: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target ... From the error it seems like while making a call to this service somehow the call should have the digital print of the target system. Anyone has seen this in your scenarios? hints will be great!    
asked
1 answers

It seems that the certificate path is not trusted. You can do 2 things. Use a trusted certificate on your server or trust the certificate path by adding  the root certificates in your project/settings/certificate.

In cloud deployments yiu add them to network/Outgoing Connections Certificates

answered