Microflow to count all the correct answers

I am creating a simple quiz. On the admin pages, I have outlined, using a boolean, which answer is the correct one to a specific question. There are 40 questions in total.  When a user attempts the quiz, I need to generate a results page which tells the user how many correct answers they got out of 40.  I am assuming I need a microflow to do this, but how do I go about doing it? any help would be appreciated.  
asked
5 answers

Hey Nik,

Could you share a screen capture of your domain model (and maybe relevant page(s))?  That would help with answering your question.

Thanks,

Mike

answered

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your prompt response!

below is my domain:

Here is the 'admin' question page:

Here is the quiz page for the 'users':

When the 'user' clicks on the answer, I want to somehow count how many correct answers there are. 

For example, one question will have four options. with one of those options being correct. I have determined which answer is correct in the 'admin' page and need to count if the 'user' clicks on that correct answer. I assume this will be done by a microflow?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

I am new to the Mendix community and still getting my head around it all :) haha

answered

@Mike - Is this something you think you can help with? If so, would it be best if i invite you to my project so you can have a better look?

answered

Hi Mike,

I don't really want to make many changes to my domain model as I have used it to produce pretty much every page of mine.

Before I can start on that microflow I need - I need to sort out this check box issue I am having.

I have inputted a check box widget and added the 'Answer' attribute, more specifically 'Their Answer', however I cant seem to edit the check box, meaning the user can't actually click on it! Until I sort this out, I wont be able to work on the microflow.

*Please see photos*

It says 'Never editable' for somereason....i feel like thats the reason

answered

Nik,

2 things to check:

1. The check box in your screen shot is not editable because the parent Listview that its enclosed in is not editable.  That is what inherited means.  So you need to make sure that both the parent and child Listviews are set to editable.  This is one of the Listview properties and can be set in the properties pane for each Listview.
  2. If its still not editable, check permissions on the entity to ensure that the user you are logged in as has permissions to edit.

Hope that helps,

Mike

answered