Dropdown list need selected values from apis

i am using reference selector, from entity i am creating Dropdown. i need selected values in dropdown from API's response.
asked
6 answers

i need to display all dropdwon values with selected from database or APi not any static values

answered

In reference selector  -- selected objects option calling microflow but expecting return type list.

can u provide microflow structure ?

answered

HI Jignesh,

In the data source microflow create a list of the entity that you want to return. Add anything in this list based on your logic then return the list. Simple. Hope this helps.

answered

Hi Jignesh,

Your query seems to not be very specific. But here are few tips as to how selected values could be achieved for reference selector:

Under properties of reference selector you will find a tab Selectable objects. You can use these options inside that tab:

1. You can choose XPath and restrict the list based on the XPath contraint which you can define on your logic.

2. You can choose microflow and can devise your custom logic and return a selective list. Albeit, this is not advisable and known to cause performance issue.

3. You can use Constrained by. You can choose contraints based on the logic in the pre populated asoociation rules.

Thanks,

Sharad R K

answered

if i use xPath for selected values my list dropdown values are removed? other values should not removed

answered

First you have to make the API call to retrieve the values for your dropdown. You can store them in a non-persistable entity. If needed, you can create associations with persistable entities. These values from the non persistable entity can be used for your dropdown.

answered