Default popup close action (cancel)

In my application I open a detail popup page from a listview. Some of the data in the detail page is fetched by a microflow in a dataview. The microflow calls a REST service to get data from the backend system and returns an object which is filled in the dataview. The strange thing is that when we close the popup by using the close (cross) action of the popup, it closes the pages and returns to the listview BUT ALSO re-executes the microflow with the REST call. What can cause this behaviour, of the re-execution of that microflow?
asked
3 answers

Hi Olivier,

I tried but didnt succeed in reproducing a similar situation. I was triggered because in the past I had something similar with a  datasource MF being called all the time when the page widget it was in was not inside  the dataview with the page-parameter.  Solved that by moving it inside a dataview. 

Only things I can think off

• verify if your MF isn't called from somewhere else by accident/previous configuration
  • check what happens if you add a close page button. (not as a solution but as a way of analysis) 
answered

The default cancel button Mendix (the kind that doesn't invoke a microflow) does a rollback and a close page.

I'm not sure, but I can imagine the rollback also refreshes the object (your page parameter) triggering the datasource on your nested dataview.

Have you tried creating your own custom cancel button, explicitly not refreshing the object you rolled back? 

answered

I ran into this very issue. The X cancels and rolls back the data on my form that hasn’t been committed yet. 

answered