3 errors after Open Authentication Module installation

Hi, I am looking for an OAuth 2.0 solution, so I downloaded the Open Authentication Module from the App store, along with its 2 dependent modules: Mx Model Reflection module Community Commons module   Yet, I am left with 3 errors: 1 The selected placeholder 'NavigationLayouts.PopupLayout.Content' no longer exists. Property 'Parameter' of layout call argument Page 'OAuthLog_View' OauthModule 2 The selected placeholder 'NavigationLayouts.PopupLayout.Content' no longer exists. Property 'Parameter' of layout call argument Page 'Microflows_Select' OauthModule 3 The selected placeholder 'MxModelReflection.PopupLayout.Content' no longer exists. Property 'Parameter' of layout call argument Page 'LogoutRedirectHelper' OauthModule How do I resolve these before getting started? Any tips appreciated, Guislain
asked
4 answers

Hi Guislain,

In order for you to solve those issues, you'll have to create or select a navigation layout on those pages. The (popup) navigation layout that those module/pages use do not exist any more.

You can also find those navigation layouts mentioned and delete and re-add the content.

Let me know if you have any questions/this does not work for you.

answered

Hi Brett,

OK, so I have replaced the (deprecated?) Content and replaced it with a Container for now, just to clear the errors.

Before I spent too much time with this Open Authentication Module, which appears to be 31 versions behind (between 6.8.11 and 7.13.1),

Open Authentication Module2.0
Framework version 6.8.1
Publish date 10/3/2016

Release notes
This new release of the OAuth 2.0 module is compatible with Mendix 6.8.1.
The release also allows anonymous sessions to be reused when logging in with OAuth

I have the following questions:

• Does it still work?
  • Why has it not been maintained?
  • Which App Module do Mendix App developers typically use for enterprise grade AAA (Authentication, Authorization, Access Control) vs just the local Mendix Administration?

Thanks,

Guislain

answered

Hi Guislain,

The module referenced is a Community Supported module and is produced by FlowFabric and not Mendix.  As a result it is not guaranteed to be completely up to date with the latest Mendix version.  That said, aside from the issues with the page layout, that Open Auth module does appear to function as intended according to some others I have spoken with.

When building enterprise applications, more often than not I find myself using SAML2.0 for SSO and permissions management.   The module is maintained by Mendix and is located here: 

https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/1174/Mendix/SAML

answered

Progress...

I have successfully completed (I think) these steps:

• Step#5 Connect the page and microflow from the #Implementation folder to your navigation and assign the permissions to the userrole(s)
  • Step#6 Import the Community Commons module from the app store if not already part of your project
  • Step#7 Import the Model Reflection module from the app store if not already part of your project
  • Step#8 Set the microflow AS_StartOAuthRequestHandlers as After Startup Microflow
  • Step#9 Add the attribute Email to the Administration.Account entity and pages
  • Step#10 Register your app with the Oauth provider, make sure that the callback URL is " https://(yourapp)/callback/(OAuth_provider)". For Google e.g. "http://myfirstapp.mendixcloud.com/callback/google". Be aware that this is case sensitive!
  • Step#11 Update the constants ClientId_<OAuth provider> and ClientSecret_ <OAuth provider>
  • Step#12 The next setup step for your OAuth module is: navigate to https:///admin.html and login with your Admin account
  • Step#13 Synchronize your Model Reflection module and make sure that the data for the OAuthModule is created
  • Step#14 Select the OAuth Config menu item and select the microflow ResolveUserByEmail

So I am supposed to be done, but

• Step#15 And you're done!

Now, what?

Guislain

answered