Store a string value in Decimal - Microflow

Hi Team, In a Microflow i'm trying to store a value which is of type string to a object of type decimal. For that I used the ParseDecimal function. But in runtime I get error like this. Please help me on this. The following is the error message.   com.mendix.core.CoreException: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: Failed to evaluate expression, error occurred on line 1, character 1 parseDecimal($PremiumInformationList/TotalBasePremium) ^     at QuoteAndBuy.ACT_Step5_Next (Change : 'Change 'Quote' (Premium)')     at QuoteAndBuy.ACT_Step4_Next (SubMicroflow : 'ACT_Step5_Next') Advanced stacktrace:     at com.mendix.basis.component.InternalCore.execute(InternalCore.java:569) Caused by: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: Failed to evaluate expression, error occurred on line 1, character 1 parseDecimal($PremiumInformationList/TotalBasePremium) ^     at QuoteAndBuy.ACT_Step5_Next (Change : 'Change 'Quote' (Premium)')     at QuoteAndBuy.ACT_Step4_Next (SubMicroflow : 'ACT_Step5_Next') Advanced stacktrace:     at com.mendix.languages.mxexpressions.MxExpression.evaluate(MxExpression.scala:21) Caused by: com.mendix.languages.expressions.ExpressionException: java.lang.NullPointerException     at com.mendix.languages.expressions.Expr.evaluate(Expr.java:33) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null    The above is the subflows for the createobject. I created the object and showed it in the page, then on the page when i click save the another microflow is triggered which commits the object into database. Then in the main flow I have retrieved to pass the values for my rest call. But from the database it returns null.
asked
1 answers

Hi Sushmitha,

The error is a null point meaning there's NULL being passed into your parseDecimal() function. Could you add breakpoint to your Microflow and check the variable $PremiumInformationList and its corresponding value. Also EDIT the original post with the screen shot of your Microflow if you are still not able to figure out the issue. 

EDIT1: Sample mock of the parent MF

Sample of SUB Flow:

Thanks

AD

answered