Java run time path varaible

HI, I am embeddeding a third-party application, and having this error   Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_91\jre\lib\el.properties" "read")   Is there a variable for java runtime (or java home) i can use to put into the policy file?   Thanks Shannon
asked
4 answers

Hi Shannon,

You should place them in the userlib directory of your project's deployment location. This way, Mendix will copy the files in the correct locations upon deployment.

Cheers,

John

answered

Hi John,

The code/logic (not mine) looks for in that path, so i am not sure i can change that, i was wondering if mendix recognizes something like {JAVA_HOME} in the policy file template.

Thanks

Shannon

answered

Hi Shannon,

As far as I know, you cannot access files outside your deployment environment. Copying your .jar files in the userlib folder makes them accessible in your Java actions using an import statement.

I assume ‘el’ is an expression library? I’ve included the Apache Commens jexl library in a test project and have full access to the functions by using the import statement “import org.apache.commons.jexl3.*;” in a Java Action.

Perhaps some of other community members more proficient in Java could chime in?

Cheers,

John

answered

Thanks John, however it is not about jars (which i can put under userlib), my third party embedde logic (not my code) will look for this file under java home (actually it just checks if there is such file),

i can add this line in my policy file to make it work in my local

permission java.io.FilePermission "C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_91/jre/lib/el.properties", "read";

but i have to hard code the path, i was wondering if mendix has a variable for java home i can use instead of hard code (which i will not know where it is in the cloud).

Thanks

Shannon

answered