Document template image quality loss

Hello fellow Mendixers, I have got a problem with the PDF document template in Mendix. I need to place a label with barcodes on the footer of the PDF page. This label is an .png image with 1598 x 761 px and of good quality when I print it. The default settings of the document template say that it is 200 PPI. I need to specify a width or height on the dynamic image properties, so i used the same width as the original image; 1598. But when i print the document the image is in poor quality and the barcodes or not being approved by DHL.    Is there any way to upgrade the quality of the image in the document template?   Yours sincerly, Bas    
asked
6 answers

Check the dots per inch (DPI) setting on the document itself. I believe standard printed documents should be 300dpi, and the Mendix default is significantly lower than that.

answered

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the response. The default PPI (pixels per inch) in the document template in Mendix is 120. I bumped this up to 200 PPI, but it doesn't do my image any good. The quality is still very poor. 

answered

Just for testing purposes - if you add the image to an images container inside the project and add it as a static image with the proper width, how is the quality then when generating a pdf?

I recall an issue with image compression somewhere in the past, but I'm not sure if Mendix applies any compression System.image(s) anymore.

answered

Hi Nick,

I just tried this and the result in quality is the same, both images look poor.

answered

answered

Bas,

I just took your image and included it in a document template as a static image.  I set pixels per inch to 300.  I generated a pdf file which seems to be readable and not have any image issues.  I don't want to post these on a file sharing site as they seem to have your address on them.  I contacted you via the forum - if you respond to me, I will send the files I generated so you can compare.

Mike

answered