Grid Sort Order Caching Problem

We have set the sort order for our grid and it works correctly when the page first loads. If the user changes the sort order, leaves the page and later returns to it, the previously chosen sort order is used instead of the default sort order that was specified in the Modeller.  I have verified this is being cached by the browser in Firefox and Chrome by deleting the site data for FF and Cookies on Chrome. After doing this, the sort order returns to default, until the user changes it again. Is there anyway to turn this behavior off? To get it to use the specified sort order every time the user visits the page? Thanks in advance!
asked
4 answers

Do you have flex headers enabled? The description says it stores the sort order.

Edit: 

I was able to reproduce this in a test project. I can confirm that turning flex headers off solves this issue.

answered

Additional info: We are using the widget: 'Data Grid Extension' version 2.4.2

answered

Thanks Adam.

I gave that a try and still the same results. It holds the value, even after logging off then on, unless I clear the site data (in Firefox).

answered

Thanks Austin and Adam.

Yes, Flex Header's is enabled. Luckily, our customer has agreed to accept this feature.

answered