Appronto Validator question

Hi, I have a question on ApprontoValidator, if i have a User entity, that associates with a Type (which is a lookup) entity that is a dropdown in the page, the attribute path will be User/Type/Name (name on type entity), validation is to make sure type is selected, in addValidation logic, i dont know what to pass as the attribute, it does not match on the page, so the type input is not hightlighted, but with a popup.   Thanks Shannon
asked
4 answers

Hi Shannon,

Excellent question!
Currently, adding a validation on an association is not yet supported. (You can with the regular feedback action)
We'll look into this and update the module asap.

Thanks,

John

answered

Hi Shannon,

To add a validation on an association, you would need to provide the full domain name of the association: <ModuleName>.<AssociationName>

In your case that could be Administration.User_Type (or something similar).

We´ve updated the ApprontoValidator module and include a referenceSelector to the demo content. This would represent the case of your original question.

The updated version of the module also has been improved to better handle invalid attribute and association names.
 https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/35012/Appronto/ApprontoValidator

Good luck,

John

answered

Thanks!

answered

Hi John

I downloaded the ApprontoValidator version 2.1

In the demo, when you retreive work address, if it is not empty, you will validate it.

What if the work address is empty, then you will not validate it?

In my case, if it is empty, I will still need to pop up a message, saying it is required.

I am not sure how this new version works in terms of association validation.

Can you please help?

Thanks

Ping

answered