How to pass multiple objects from a set selector to a microflow?

Context & Usecase: As a parent, I want to select one or more of my children within a form, so I can pass the form input in a single attempt to each of my children. - Not a real good user story, but it defines my goal: One form (Y), select one or more objects(X) and create new objects (Y) with an association to each of the selected objects (X). The 'person' generalization has a 1-* association to the Furlough entity. This is a standard 'NewEdit' popup with a newly, not committed, object. You'll select the objects within the ReferenceSet selector (i.e. the parent's children(=students)). When the user then presses 'save', a new loop is started, creating a furlough object for each of the selected students (children). The first object, the one that is created as a placeholder purpose for the microflow, should obviously be deleted (or simply not committed..).   Besides really wondering how to manage this, I'm simply stunned how bad (read: none?) the documentation is for such basic functionality. I simply want to select a few objects and reference them within a microflow. I'm a newbie with Mendix, but especially for this user group there should be more documentation.. But maybe that's only one opinion.. p.s. why is there no 'upload your image' functionality here?
asked
1 answers

Sander,

I think I understand your requirements - here is how I would model it:

Domain Model - tried to match what you described:

Page I built to test it out:

Pop up page with ability to select 1 or more students

Microflow that opens popup page

Microflow that creates Furlough objects

Select page called by the Reference Set Selector

and a short video showing it working

https://youtu.be/Ow3QmopwHNc