Credit Card Processing

I have an app where I need credit card payment processing.  I would like to use a tool like Stripe (https://stripe.com/) to eliminate the need to store credit card information in my Mendix app. I don't want to reinvent the wheel.  Has anyone integrated payment processing with a recent version of Mendix?  If so, would you be willing to share development approaches and any lessons learned with the community?  FYI, I am working in 7.10 Thanks! Mike
asked
3 answers

Hi Mike, to double down on what Austin is referring to, PCI compliance is required with any CC transactions and generally not something that you want to go through the process of the full certification process. There are different levels of certifications and registrations which you can have your client determine which version they need to register for. I forget what it's called but the one we usually go for just requires that we are only sending a user to an existing PCI compliant vendor to do the transaction and then the vendor sends us a token/receipt upon completion for verification and tracking purposes to kick off the right flows on our end and audit records. I highly recommend to steer clear of collecting the payment details in Mendix and getting PCI certified at those levels as it is very laborious.

answered

I worked on a project that implemented payment processing but it was built in 6.7.1. I personally did not implement this but I did spend a fair amount of time going over the development.

To prevent having to store credit card information, or have any credit card information hit out servers, the form that took all the credit card info was built in javascript, as well as the rest call to the credit card processing company. After a payment was processed, we would store a token associated to that user for future payments (monthly payments, or buying another product). 

answered

Hi, did you hear of Ikajo? They process card payments worldwide and offer many integration options.

answered