Hybrid mobile app logs

Hi, If i publish a hybrid mobile app to the Mendix cloud, can i configure the server log to capture errors from the app? We have published an app in the test environment (licensed node) and getting the dreaded 'an error has occurred' message. Is there a way to see the details of the error? Kind regards, Tarig
asked
4 answers

I guess these will appear in your log file? 

which can be found in the environment details

answered

Hi Tarig,

There are a few things you can do here.  Firstly, the Mendix Cloud log should capture errors in business server logic the same way for hybrid mobile and desktop facing apps, so if the errors are in server side microflows you should be covered.  You can set the log levels as you do for non-hybrid apps as outlined here.  If you are having issues with a microflow, you could always set the microflow engine log level to debug and see what microflow was causing the issue.

However actively debugging hybrid mobile apps can be a little more complex.  Here is some information about actively

answered

Hi Tarig,

To view the system logs you can use android studio and logcat.

https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/am-logcat.html

Really useful when you want to know what is happening on the device. You can also use phonegap debug features, which allows you to debug the app using chrome.

http://docs.phonegap.com/references/developer-app/debugging/

Finally if you want you can also use chrome dev tools or use GapDebug. If you plug your phone into your laptop you can use these tools to debug what is occurring on the app.

answered

Thanks for the info guys. The issue we faced occurred after an upgrade and was due to the push notifications connector module widgets we had added to a mobile page. Removing the widgets resolved the issue.

I guess the error is not being thrown server side hence not appearing in the logs. Will have to spend some more time understanding debugging hybrid apps. 

Thanks for the responses

answered