System.Administrator and System.User Module Roles ascribed to same User Role?

I'm working on an app in which both the System.Administrator and the System.User Module Roles are ascribed to the same User Role (namely the applications' Admin role). Why would you do that, cq does that make sense? I think, having checked the System Entity access, that the Admin role can do the same and more than the User role, so only ascribing Admin would do the trick? Regards, Joris
asked
3 answers

Hi Joris,

When you start your project the admin user role is subscribed to your "MyFirstModule" modulerole "User". Maybe some renamed that module and therefor it still is ascribed to it. So if you know for sure that the "admin" module-role has at least equal rights as the "user" module-role then only ascribing "admin" would do the trick indeed.

Regards,

answered

Hi Joris,

To use your example it might make sense to give the System.Admin User Role the "User" module role. Some modules, e.g. a "Notification" require all users to have a certain level of access, so that the users can see Notifcations in my example.

-Andrej

answered

The answer is YES. The module roles at the System module cannot be altered ant thus I can be certain that the administrator module role has exactly the same rights as the User module role and thus ascribing only the administrator role would do the trick. 

The reason the administrator has more access rights is due to the fact that the USERrole administrator is allowed  to manage other userroles (All) As configured in the userrole.

answered