Access an entity with association beyond access rules.

Hi,   I have two entities - Entity_1, Entity_2  and  Entity_1 is associated with Entity_2 as many to one.  Both has the access rules for a specific  user. Say all objects of Entity_1 and Entity_2 are specific with the users who created them. But in the drop down of Entity_1 form, i wanted to retrieve an attribute values of Entity_2. So i used Entity1_Entity2/Entity2.Name in the attribute path of the drop down. I'm able to see only few values that are related to that particular user. But i need all the values of the entity_2/name in the drop down without any user specifications. How can I achieve this ?
asked
2 answers

Hi Laxman,

I don't believe you'll be permitted to see the Entity_2.Name without adjusting security or creating another (perhaps non-persistent) entity to replicate the available data.

I would create another Access Rule on Entity_2 for the User user role that allows "Read" access to the "Name" attribute without any x-path constraint.  I believe the security rights default to the highest available levels of access.  In this way, Users can read all Entity_2 "Name"s but only have your originally specified read/write access to the Entity_2 that they're the owner of.

answered

Hi Laxman,

I would try selecting the datasource for the dropdown to be a microflow. The microflow does not (by default) care about access rules, so you will get all the objects that you want. However I am not sure what they will look like to the end user. They might just see a lot of blank options. If this is try then there is no other way apart from refactoring your application. Perhaps you need to have another copy of Entity2 that is available to all users somehow.

-Andrej

EDIT
As correctly pointed out by Mathew using a microflow as datasource will not work, as the user can not see the Name.

answered