Compile failure in SMTP email module

Hi all - hope you can help me with this little problem: I have upgraded an app from 10.4 to 7.2. Only issue left to resolve is this one in the AppStore SMTPEmailModule. com.mendix.util.classloading is called but does not exist. Looks like the 2nd failure is dependent on this one. It is not possible to redownoad the module from the AppStore and, in any case, there is only the one version there. Can anyone tell me where how to fix this issue? (Bear in mind my Java skills are low :)) Many thanks, David   Buildfile: C:\Users\David\Documents\Mendix\SafeServices_64-main\deployment\build_core.xml compile:     [javac] Compiling 771 source files to C:\Users\David\Documents\Mendix\SafeServices_64-main\deployment\run\bin     [javac] C:\Users\David\Documents\Mendix\SafeServices_64-main\javasource\smtpemailmodule\mail\EmailModule.java:12: error: package com.mendix.util.classloading does not exist     [javac] import com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner;     [javac]                                    ^     [javac] C:\Users\David\Documents\Mendix\SafeServices_64-main\javasource\smtpemailmodule\mail\EmailModule.java:130: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]         new Runner<Object>()     [javac]             ^     [javac]   symbol:   class Runner     [javac]   location: class EmailModule     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.     [javac] 2 errors   BUILD FAILED C:\Users\David\Documents\Mendix\SafeServices_64-main\deployment\build_core.xml:25: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 33 seconds
asked
2 answers

I see on the AppStore there is only one version of the SMTP Email Module. I haven't used this before - but it might be this module is not compatible with Mendix 7 (yet). I would file a support ticket with Mendix for this. I myself always use the E-mail module with templates.

answered

The Mendix Runner seems to be obsolete. As a short circuit solution you can replace it with a standard Java runnable (untested snippet)

{
		final Message message = new Message();
		message.setPlainBody(plainmsg);
		message.setHtmlBody(htmlmsg);

final Sender sender = new Sender(context);
		Runnable runnable = new Runnable()
		{
			@Override
			public void run() {
				sender.send(configuration, message, subject, to, cc, bcc, attachments, headers);
			}
		};
		Thread thread = new Thread(runnable);
		thread.start();

}

answered