Deeplink guests and Anonymous users

I have been searching for this answer for a while, but have not found a definitive answer: Is it a requirement that Anonymous users be enabled in my application in order to successfully use the 'Allow Guests' option in the Deeplink configuration? My application requires that users login to access everything, but there are a couple of pages that I would like to be publically available without the need to login through a deeplink. If I enable Anonymous users and 'Allow Guests', these deeplink will work, however, the login page is not always securing the rest of the application. With Anonymous users disabled (Allow Guests still enabled on the deeplink) I get a HTTP 500 error with the following stacktrace: java.lang.Exception: Guest login is not enabled     at deeplink.actions.StartDeeplinkJava$DeepLinkHandler.createGuestSession(StartDeeplinkJava.java:285)     at deeplink.actions.StartDeeplinkJava$DeepLinkHandler.serveDeeplink(StartDeeplinkJava.java:179)     at deeplink.actions.StartDeeplinkJava$DeepLinkHandler.processRequest(StartDeeplinkJava.java:153)     at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.MxRuntimeConnector$1.execute(MxRuntimeConnector.java:69)     at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.MxRuntimeConnector$1.execute(MxRuntimeConnector.java:66)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:32)     at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.MxRuntimeConnector.processRequest(MxRuntimeConnector.java:72)     at com.mendix.core.impl.MxRuntimeImpl.processRequest(MxRuntimeImpl.java:742)     at com.mendix.m2ee.appcontainer.server.handler.RuntimeHandler.handle(RuntimeHandler.java:41)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:52)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:368)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:489)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:942)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1004)     at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:640)     at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:628)     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)   Deeplink version 5.1 is being used; same result using 4.5 previously. Looking for some guidance in troubleshooting this further. TIA
asked
1 answers

My advise would be to look into Access Rights. Configure User Roles and Module Roles to specify the access to each part of the application. Furthermore you can restrict access through the Access Rules per entity. It can be a bit of a struggle, but it allows you to specify the exact access rules that you need.

answered